The Academy for the Advancement of Postmaterialist Sciences is a non-
profit membership and education organization whose mission is to promote
open-minded, rigorous and evidence-based enquiry into postmaterialist consciousness research.
To inspire scientists to investigate mind and consciousness as core elements of reality.
● Support rigorous applications of the scientific method
● Nurture curiosity and creativity in research
● Encourage open-minded exploratory and confirmatory investigations
● Model integrity and honesty in communication and education
● Value experimental and empirical data over dogma
● Create safe settings for sharing theories, evidence, and experiences
● Promote evidence-based innovation and positive societal change
● Expand awareness of the interconnectedness of all things
● Share postmaterialist evidence and understanding with the public
* AAPS’s use of the term “heart of science” comes from Carl Sagan, PhD (1934-1996).He said “When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science.” (ref). He also said “At the heart of science is an essential tension between two seemingly contradictory attitudes — an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new. This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense.” (ref). AAPS shares this philosophy of science.